Terms of Service
Revised: February 14, 2019
2. Paid Accounts
You can increase your available documents and add paid features to your account (turning your account into a "Paid Account"). We’ll automatically bill you from the date you convert to a Paid Account and on each periodic renewal until cancellation. You are responsible for all applicable taxes, and we’ll charge tax only when required to do so.
You may cancel your DeedNetwork Paid Account at any time. Refunds are only issued if required by law.
Your Paid Account will remain in effect until it's cancelled or terminated under these Terms. If you don’t pay for your Paid Account on time, we reserve the right to suspend it and/or reduce your available documents and access to paid features.
We may change the fees in effect but will give you advance notice of these changes via a message to the email address associated with your account.
For full and valid payment, DeedNetwork grants you a limited right to access the questionnaire related to that product until the sooner of: (a) 90 days elapse following the day the customer provides DeedNetwork with full and valid payment for the product in question, or (b) you submit the product questionnaire for processing (the “Access Period”). Upon the termination or expiration of the Access Period, any and all rights to access the questionnaire expire.
THIS WEBSITE ONLY PROVIDES AN ONLINE PORTAL THROUGH WHICH YOU CAN FIND A RANGE OF GENERAL FORMS AND TEMPLATES THAT MAY BE RELEVANT TO THE PREPARATION OF, AND MAY BE USED IF YOU SO CHOOSE IN THE PREPARATION OF, YOUR OWN LEGAL DOCUMENTS. IN THE EVENT YOU ELECT TO USE ANY DOCUMENT THAT YOU FIND ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT THESE FORMS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WHERE IS” WITH NO RECOMMENDATION AS TO SUITABILITY, ENFORCEABILITY OR APPLICABILITY IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION. DEEDNETWORK CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS CURRENT, ACCURATE, OR COMPLETE. IN ADDITION, TO THAT EXTENT, THE WEBSITE INCLUDES ANY GENERAL INFORMATION OR COMMENTS ON LEGAL ISSUES, SUCH INFORMATION IS GENERAL COMMENTARY OR DESCRIPTION ONLY AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR LEGAL ADVICE.
DEEDNETWORK IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND IS NOT ACTING AS AN ATTORNEY. YOU SHOULD NEVER RELY UPON THIS WEBSITE AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALIFIED, INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT AN INDEPENDENT LICENSED ATTORNEY FOR ADVICE ON LEGAL MATTERS. DEEDNETWORK CAN NOT AND WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM YOUR FAILURE TO CONSULT A LICENSED ATTORNEY OR FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE. YOU MAY PURCHASE A DOCUMENT REVIEW FROM DEEDNETWORK. IF SO, ANY SUCH REVIEW IS LIMITED SOLELY TO A REVIEW OF YOUR ANSWERS FOR SPELLING, GRAMMAR AND INTERNAL CONSISTENCY OF NAMES, ADDRESSES AND THE LIKE. AT NO TIME DOES DEEDNETWORK REVIEW YOUR ANSWERS FOR LEGAL SUFFICIENCY, DRAW LEGAL CONCLUSIONS, PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE OR APPLY THE LAW TO THE FACTS OF YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
PLEASE REMEMBER, NO GENERAL INFORMATION OR BUSINESS TOOL CAN FIT EVERY CIRCUMSTANCE OR TAKE THE PLACE OF LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY. UNLESS YOU ARE A PROPERLY LICENSED ATTORNEY IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, YOU MAY NOT USE DOCUMENTS, SERVICES OR OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE TO GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR OTHERWISE ENGAGE IN THE UNAUTHORIZED PRACTICE OF LAW.
4. Outside Links
From time to time, this Website may provide certain links to third parties, including attorneys. At no time does the provision of these links create an attorney-client relationship between you and DeedNetwork as a result of these links. DeedNetwork provides the links to you only as a convenience and does not endorse any third party. DeedNetwork is not responsible for the contents or transmission of any website of any such third party or for your relationship with such third party. Your linking to any third party or any website of any third party is entirely at your own risk. DeedNetwork encourages you to carefully read the information and policies provided by each third party.
5. Intellectual Property Ownership
Unless otherwise noted, all text, content, forms and documents on the Website, any names, logos, trademarks, service marks, brand identities, characters, trade names, graphics, designs, copyrights, trade dress, or other intellectual property appearing in the Website, and the organization, compilation, look and feel, illustrations, artwork, videos, music, software and other works on the Website (the “Content”) are owned by DeedNetwork and its affiliates or used with permission or under license from a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Owner”) and are protected under copyright, trademark and other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws. As between DeedNetwork and you, all right, title and interest in and to the Content will at all times remain with DeedNetwork and/or its Owners. The word “DeedNetwork,” the “DeedNetwork” logo, and other marks, logos and titles are registered and/or common law trade names, trademarks or service marks of National Legal Forms LLC. With respect to any logos or marks of any persons, entities and/or companies commented upon or submitted by users of the Website, such use is the sole responsibility of, and is stored upon our servers or system solely at the direction of, such users, and subject to the protections afforded to DeedNetwork as an interactive service provider under Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright act of 1998 (“DMCA”). Please see the Digital Millennium Copyright Act section below for more details on our policies and procedures regarding any issues in relation thereto.
Limited Use; Restrictions on Use
Your account may permit you to upload and store certain files (“User Submissions”) to our systems, networks, and servers and to publish, display, distribute, reproduce and/or perform such User Submissions, or any derivative work thereof, via the Website. If you direct DeedNetwork to store a User Submission on our networks, systems or servers and/or otherwise make a User Submission available via the Website, you shall, and hereby do, agree and acknowledge that (a) except as set forth herein, DeedNetwork does not edit, review, select, censor or otherwise control the publication of any User Submission, (b) all User Submission and/or File Uploads are published by you and reside on DeedNetwork’s systems, networks, or servers at your sole direction, (c) you shall be solely responsible for, and the publisher of, any User Submissions and/or File Uploads uploaded, stored, published, or otherwise copied, distributed or displayed by DeedNetwork at your direction and you warrant that you have all necessary authority, licenses and other rights necessary to use or publish User Submissions and File Uploads, (d) by posting your User Submissions and/or File Uploads to the Website, you grant, in perpetuity, the Company (and those the Company works with to provide the Products) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content, and (e) DeedNetwork does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions and/or File Uploads that you choose to upload and store on our networks, systems or servers and publish or otherwise copy, distribute, perform or otherwise display using the Website. Further, although DeedNetwork reserves the right to review any User Submission and/or File Upload at any time, you acknowledge that DeedNetwork is under no obligation to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and in compliance with Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, DeedNetwork reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse, remove or delete any User Submission and/or File Upload at any time and for any reason.
Your files will be stored on secure servers as long as you have a valid paid subscription. All files will be removed 90 days after your paid subscription expires.
8. Copyrights, Infringement, Breach
You acknowledge that Content accessible through the WEBSITE or the Services is subject to copyrights owned by DeedNetwork and possibly others as well. You further acknowledge that copyright infringement, such as unauthorized copying or distribution of such Content, can be prosecuted as a crime if willful as well as be subject to court injunction and monetary awards to the copyright owner(s) of:
(i) actual damages and profits of copyright infringer, or if elected by the copyright owner, statutory damages for each infringed work of up to $30,000 if not willful and up to $150,000 if willful, and
(ii) the attorneys fees and costs incurred by the copyright owner in enforcing its copyrights.
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
DeedNetwork is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, DeedNetwork adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Content infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (a) be provided to DeedNetwork’s designated agent, (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (b) include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
DeedNetwork’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices can be reached at copyright@DeedNetwork.com. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for DeedNetwork to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
11. No Archive
Notwithstanding anything contained herein, the functionality provided to you by the Website and our systems, networks, and servers are not an archive and DeedNetwork shall have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage, or destruction of any generated document, upload, or any other information submitted to or via the Website. You shall be solely responsible for maintaining independent archival and backup copies of any User Submission.
12. United States Hosting
Without limiting the foregoing, the Content and all other features on the Website are provided to you “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” without warranty of any kind with respect to the Website and/or Content, either express or implied, including but not limited to, fitness for a particular purpose, ACCURACY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS, title, or non-infringement. DeedNetwork expressly disclaims any liability for your use of the materials provided via the website for legal purposes. You use all materials provide via the website at your sole risk. Should applicable law not permit the foregoing exclusion of express or implied warranties, then DeedNetwork hereby grants the minimum express or implied warranty required by such applicable law. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from DeedNetwork, its employees, agents, suppliers or any other persons shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in this section. Additionally, DeedNetwork does not make any warranties that the Website will be uninterrupted, secure or error free or that your use of the Website will meet your expectations, or that the Website, Content, or any portion thereof, is correct, accurate, or reliable. DeedNetwork reserves the right to change any part of the Website at any time without notice. FURTHER, DeedNetwork DOES NOT ENDORSE, APPROVE OR PROMOTE ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BY YOU, A THIRD PARTY ADVERTISER OR ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE IS FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY AND DeedNetwork DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT, OPINION, ADVICE, RECOMMENDATION OR SERVICE PROMOTED, ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY DeedNetwork USER, THIRD PARTY, OR OTHER ENTITY MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE, CONTENT, AND/OR USER SUBMISSIONS OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND DeedNetwork WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
14. Limitation of Liability
15. No Framing; Links; Third Party Sites
Framing, in-line linking or other methods of association with the Website are expressly prohibited without prior written approval from DeedNetwork.
3. Types of Data We Collect
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables DeedNetwork to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes. DeedNetwork Sites collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, applying for membership, registering for a DeedNetwork event or program, purchasing a DeedNetwork products or services, or otherwise interacting with DeedNetwork.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, dates of birth, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by our members/customers)
- Professional data (e.g., external website membership numbers)
- Government-issued identification numbers (e.g., social security numbers, national identification numbers and tax identification numbers), for example from employees and independent contractors, but not from members unless DeedNetwork makes payments to members, such as honoraria or royalties for publishing rights
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs)
- Financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers, credit reports, passwords and PIN numbers) for product sales or employment purposes
- Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation and disability data) for diversity or accessibility purposes
DeedNetwork also receives Personal Data from third parties for DeedNetwork’s use in marketing to potential new members.
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
- Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
- Computer type, operating system and platform type
- Internet service provider
- Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority levels)
4. How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
- Identify you when you visit our Sites
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations and customer service messages
- Provide products, information and services you request or that we think you may be interested in
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Sites
- Fulfill and/or deliver DeedNetwork products and services
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We or other third-party companies also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by DeedNetwork, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
5. How We Share Your Data
We share your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
- Share data with third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform business functions (e.g., DeedNetwork contracts with third parties to provide services on our behalf such as data hosting services; packaging, mailing and delivering services; customer support and consulting services; and event registration services).
- Share data with third parties as required by law or to protect DeedNetwork in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on DeedNetwork; (b) protect and defend DeedNetwork’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of a DeedNetwork personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
- Share data with third parties if DeedNetwork and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if DeedNetwork undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise; information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
- Share data with third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you professionally or personally (e.g., business software solutions or member product discounts). Users can request their information to be removed from such lists by contacting us, as set forth in the “Contact Information” section below.
- Share data with third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.
- Share your email address, but only as permitted by the DeedNetwork Email Policy, as follows:
Your email address will be used only by DeedNetwork, its entities and DeedNetwork vendors performing member services, or offering products on a DeedNetwork’s behalf. a DeedNetwork does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside DeedNetwork, nor does DeedNetwork share email addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates, or DeedNetwork members. DeedNetwork also shares your email address with third parties to enable DeedNetwork to take security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Finally, DeedNetwork shares email addresses with third parties as necessary for DeedNetwork to perform certain services on our behalf, such as packaging, mailing and delivering products and processing event registrations and to respond to your service requests.
6. How You Can Manage the Processing of Your Data
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. If you prefer to receive hard copy mailings only from DeedNetwork, you can contact us and request to have your name and address removed from the list we provide to third parties. For California residents, please consult the “California Privacy Rights” section for additional considerations.
Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products or membership sign-up/renewal), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
7. California Privacy Rights
8. Canada Anti-Spam Law
DeedNetwork complies with the Canada Anti-Spam Law. Non-DeedNetwork members or associates who provide us a Canadian mailing address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (as defined under the Canada Anti-Spam Law) unless these individuals have “opted-in” to receive Commercial Electronic Messages
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 13
10. How We Protect Personal Data
11. User ID and Password
Certain areas of the Sites require the use of a user ID, email address, or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your Personal Data. To help you protect your privacy, these Sites have tools to help you log in and log out.
12. Linking to Other Internet Sites
13. How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
14. Cookies and Other Web Devices
15. Transmission of Data to Other Countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
16. Right to Complain to Supervisory Authority
You, as the data subject, have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data does not comply with legal requirements.
17. Breach Notification
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
18. Contact Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
National Legal Forms LLC
5795 S Rogers St, Las Vegas, NV 89118
Copyright National Legal Forms LLC
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.